The main factors for a healthy crop are
- the high quality of the sowing seed
- the highest possible sugar yield per hectare
- field-specific fertilisation: the minimal use of fertilisers
- minimal use of crop protection agents
- minimal tare soil attaching to the beet
- optimal beet logistics
Cosun Beet Company and its growers work productively in the above areas with the Institute for Rational Sugar Production (IRS). The IRS is the expertise and research centre for sugar beet in the Netherlands. We also provide field-specific information and advice via the Beet Advisory System (BAS) and other crop registration systems.